Goa govt to subsidise 3 additional LPG cylinders
Panaji: BJP-led Goa government has decided to subsidise three more LPG cylinders for the people in addition to the six cylinders subsidised by the Union government.
BJP Goa unit president Laxmikant Parsekar said the state government will ensure that each family gets up to nine cylinders at subsidised rates annually.
"Central government is subsidising six, we will subsidise three more cylinders per family," he said.
During the Goa Legislative Assembly Elections earlier this year, the BJP in its manifesto had assured that the prices of cylinders will be guarded from fluctuations.
Parsekar said the government is working on the methods to provide subsidy to the citizens.
"Government may reimburse the additional money paid on three cylinders," he said.
Parsekar, however, said the exact way of giving the subsidy is yet to be decided by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'