Goa govt to subsidise 3 additional LPG cylinders
Panaji: BJP-led Goa government has decided to subsidise three more LPG cylinders for the people in addition to the six cylinders subsidised by the Union government.
BJP Goa unit president Laxmikant Parsekar said the state government will ensure that each family gets up to nine cylinders at subsidised rates annually.
"Central government is subsidising six, we will subsidise three more cylinders per family," he said.
During the Goa Legislative Assembly Elections earlier this year, the BJP in its manifesto had assured that the prices of cylinders will be guarded from fluctuations.
Parsekar said the government is working on the methods to provide subsidy to the citizens.
"Government may reimburse the additional money paid on three cylinders," he said.
Parsekar, however, said the exact way of giving the subsidy is yet to be decided by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!