Goa govt to subsidise 3 additional LPG cylinders
Panaji: BJP-led Goa government has decided to subsidise three more LPG cylinders for the people in addition to the six cylinders subsidised by the Union government.
BJP Goa unit president Laxmikant Parsekar said the state government will ensure that each family gets up to nine cylinders at subsidised rates annually.
"Central government is subsidising six, we will subsidise three more cylinders per family," he said.
During the Goa Legislative Assembly Elections earlier this year, the BJP in its manifesto had assured that the prices of cylinders will be guarded from fluctuations.
Parsekar said the government is working on the methods to provide subsidy to the citizens.
"Government may reimburse the additional money paid on three cylinders," he said.
Parsekar, however, said the exact way of giving the subsidy is yet to be decided by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users