Goa govt to subsidise 3 additional LPG cylinders
Panaji: BJP-led Goa government has decided to subsidise three more LPG cylinders for the people in addition to the six cylinders subsidised by the Union government.
BJP Goa unit president Laxmikant Parsekar said the state government will ensure that each family gets up to nine cylinders at subsidised rates annually.
"Central government is subsidising six, we will subsidise three more cylinders per family," he said.
During the Goa Legislative Assembly Elections earlier this year, the BJP in its manifesto had assured that the prices of cylinders will be guarded from fluctuations.
Parsekar said the government is working on the methods to provide subsidy to the citizens.
"Government may reimburse the additional money paid on three cylinders," he said.
Parsekar, however, said the exact way of giving the subsidy is yet to be decided by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video