Goa govt to take action against illegal jetty
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said strict action would be taken against an illegal jetty constructed on Mandovi river by a company related to a former state minister.
Ports department will take action against the jetty constructed by M/s Golden Heritage Private Limited (GHPL) at Mallim as the structure is illegal, he told the state assembly.
The structure is located at Mallim across Mandovi river near Panaji.
Sushma Narvekar, wife of former law minister Dayanand Narvekar, is the owner of GHPL.
The Chief Minister said he has already issued direction to the department concerned to take action against the jetty.
"The company has already been issued the notice asking them to demolish the jetty and restore the land. If the company does not do it we will demolish it," Parrikar said.
Responding to a question by Independent legislator Rohan Khaunte, Goa government said there are 29 legal jetties and one illegal jetty in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor