Goa govt to take action against illegal jetty
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said strict action would be taken against an illegal jetty constructed on Mandovi river by a company related to a former state minister.
Ports department will take action against the jetty constructed by M/s Golden Heritage Private Limited (GHPL) at Mallim as the structure is illegal, he told the state assembly.
The structure is located at Mallim across Mandovi river near Panaji.
Sushma Narvekar, wife of former law minister Dayanand Narvekar, is the owner of GHPL.
The Chief Minister said he has already issued direction to the department concerned to take action against the jetty.
"The company has already been issued the notice asking them to demolish the jetty and restore the land. If the company does not do it we will demolish it," Parrikar said.
Responding to a question by Independent legislator Rohan Khaunte, Goa government said there are 29 legal jetties and one illegal jetty in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband