Goa govt to take action against illegal jetty
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said strict action would be taken against an illegal jetty constructed on Mandovi river by a company related to a former state minister.
Ports department will take action against the jetty constructed by M/s Golden Heritage Private Limited (GHPL) at Mallim as the structure is illegal, he told the state assembly.
The structure is located at Mallim across Mandovi river near Panaji.
Sushma Narvekar, wife of former law minister Dayanand Narvekar, is the owner of GHPL.
The Chief Minister said he has already issued direction to the department concerned to take action against the jetty.
"The company has already been issued the notice asking them to demolish the jetty and restore the land. If the company does not do it we will demolish it," Parrikar said.
Responding to a question by Independent legislator Rohan Khaunte, Goa government said there are 29 legal jetties and one illegal jetty in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre