‘Goa has only 5 valid oversees recruitment agents’
Panaji: A committee set up to check illegal
recruitment agents in Goa on Thursday said only five such overseas
agencies are operating with valid permission, while the rest
are dealing illegally.
"There are 30 recruiting agents from Goa featuring on the
website of the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs but only
five such agencies have valid permission as of today," state
NRI Commissioner Eduardo Faleiro told reporters here.
The NRI commissioner heads a high-level committee,
comprising district collectors and police officials, formed to
check illegal recruitment agencies mushrooming in the state.
Faleiro also pointed out the instances where in various
agencies were found fleecing the aspirants by promising them
"We have come across several cases where youths have paid
lakhs of rupees for employment promised abroad...but the
promise is not fulfilled or the job is provided at much lower
salary," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels