‘Goa has only 5 valid oversees recruitment agents’
Panaji: A committee set up to check illegal
recruitment agents in Goa on Thursday said only five such overseas
agencies are operating with valid permission, while the rest
are dealing illegally.
"There are 30 recruiting agents from Goa featuring on the
website of the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs but only
five such agencies have valid permission as of today," state
NRI Commissioner Eduardo Faleiro told reporters here.
The NRI commissioner heads a high-level committee,
comprising district collectors and police officials, formed to
check illegal recruitment agencies mushrooming in the state.
Faleiro also pointed out the instances where in various
agencies were found fleecing the aspirants by promising them
"We have come across several cases where youths have paid
lakhs of rupees for employment promised abroad...but the
promise is not fulfilled or the job is provided at much lower
salary," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...