Goa health minister accuses former minister
Panaji: Goa Health Ministry is miffed over some files missing from the department and has accused a former health minister of being responsible for holding back the files even after relinquishing the office.
Former health minister Vishwajit Rane in the then Congress-led government has held back six files pertaining to various purchases in the ministry, state health minister Laxmikant Parsekar alleged, a charge denied by Rane.
Parsekar said that despite several reminders, Rane was reluctant to give back the files.
The government will initiate appropriate steps to recover these files from the former minister`s office, he said.
"One of the files is pertaining to the procurement of insulin which was given free of cost to diabetic patients," he said, adding that the principal secretary (health) has already communicated to Rane asking him to send the files.
However, when contacted, Rane denied that he has been holding back any files of the department. "I am not holding back any files and I have also not received any communication from the government seeking them," he said.
The then joint secretary (health) is still holding the position and he has all the knowledge about the files and transactions, he said.
"The government can get files from him. I am not holding back any files," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan