Goa health minister accuses former minister
Panaji: Goa Health Ministry is miffed over some files missing from the department and has accused a former health minister of being responsible for holding back the files even after relinquishing the office.
Former health minister Vishwajit Rane in the then Congress-led government has held back six files pertaining to various purchases in the ministry, state health minister Laxmikant Parsekar alleged, a charge denied by Rane.
Parsekar said that despite several reminders, Rane was reluctant to give back the files.
The government will initiate appropriate steps to recover these files from the former minister`s office, he said.
"One of the files is pertaining to the procurement of insulin which was given free of cost to diabetic patients," he said, adding that the principal secretary (health) has already communicated to Rane asking him to send the files.
However, when contacted, Rane denied that he has been holding back any files of the department. "I am not holding back any files and I have also not received any communication from the government seeking them," he said.
The then joint secretary (health) is still holding the position and he has all the knowledge about the files and transactions, he said.
"The government can get files from him. I am not holding back any files," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly