Goa Home Minister hospitalised after attending R-Day function
Panaji: Goa Home Minister Ravi Naik was
on Tuesday hospitalised with suspected food poisoning after
attending the Republic Day function at Ponda town, family
Naik was immediately rushed to Apollo hospital at
Margao, where he is currently undergoing treatment.
Apparently, it looks like food poisoning, they said.
According to eye witnesses, the minister started
vomiting soon after the Republic Day function and was rushed
"He is fine now. We will issue a medical statement
later on. He is stable," the hospital spokesman said.
Naik, a Congress legislator, represents Ponda
constituency and is a former chief minister of the state.
He is also Cooperation, Women and Child Development and Animal
Husbandry Minister of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan