Goa House Committee to summon state DGP,Home Secy
Panaji: The House Committee of Goa Legislative Assembly formed to investigate the drug trade and its link to former State Home Minister Ravi Naik`s son, Roy, will summon DGP and state Home Secretary during its next seating, sources said.
The committee, led by legislator Fransisco Miccky Pacheco, met for the first time on Friday.
"It has been decided to summon DGP and state Home Secretary to get their statements on the issue," one of the legislators, who had participated in the meeting, said.
The committee will meet again on August 14.
It was also decided during the meeting on Friday to take assistance of SIT of Crime Branch to investigate into the trade.
During the later stage of probe, the committee is also expected to summon Roy Naik, sources added.
The committee was formed during the just concluded monsoon session of Goa legislative assembly.
Chief minister Manohar Parrikar agreed for the House committee after several legislators sought explanation on the reported role of Roy in the drug trade.
Roy, an elder son of former Home Minister, was named by Swedish model Lucky Farmhouse, who had exposed links of drug peddlers with police and also by Fiona Mackeown, mother of British teenager girl, Scarlet Eden Keeling, who had died in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena