Goa House Committee to summon state DGP,Home Secy
Panaji: The House Committee of Goa Legislative Assembly formed to investigate the drug trade and its link to former State Home Minister Ravi Naik`s son, Roy, will summon DGP and state Home Secretary during its next seating, sources said.
The committee, led by legislator Fransisco Miccky Pacheco, met for the first time on Friday.
"It has been decided to summon DGP and state Home Secretary to get their statements on the issue," one of the legislators, who had participated in the meeting, said.
The committee will meet again on August 14.
It was also decided during the meeting on Friday to take assistance of SIT of Crime Branch to investigate into the trade.
During the later stage of probe, the committee is also expected to summon Roy Naik, sources added.
The committee was formed during the just concluded monsoon session of Goa legislative assembly.
Chief minister Manohar Parrikar agreed for the House committee after several legislators sought explanation on the reported role of Roy in the drug trade.
Roy, an elder son of former Home Minister, was named by Swedish model Lucky Farmhouse, who had exposed links of drug peddlers with police and also by Fiona Mackeown, mother of British teenager girl, Scarlet Eden Keeling, who had died in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’