Goa Law Comm appointment file goes missing
Panaji: The file related to appointment of state law commission has been missing from the secretariat, forcing the authorities to hunt for it in different departments.
In a response under the Right to Information (RTI) furnished to social activist Aires Rodrigues, the law department has said that the file is not traceable and all efforts were made to trace it.
Goa state law commission is a three-member body headed by former Union Minister of Law for State Ramakant Khalap.
"All efforts are made to trace the file hence the department has issued circular on December 10, 2010 to all the heads of departments requesting to see whether the file is inadvertently received by their offices," the reply signed by under secretary N P Signapurker reads.
The state government has not filed any police complaint regarding the missing file.
Rodrigues has now demanded that the enquiry should be conducted as to where the file has gone missing despite secretariat having fool-proof computerised file management system. "The file is also not shown in the system which is very suspicious," he added.
Reacting to the missing file, Khalap told PTI that a police complaint should be filed in this regard.
"The file should be like an open book. It should be made available for the public," he said adding that all the documents in the file should be made available for the public scrutiny.
"There is nothing to hide in the file. It`s not a contract or any promotion. It`s about formation of a law commission," Khalap said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened