Goa Law Comm appointment file goes missing
Panaji: The file related to appointment of state law commission has been missing from the secretariat, forcing the authorities to hunt for it in different departments.
In a response under the Right to Information (RTI) furnished to social activist Aires Rodrigues, the law department has said that the file is not traceable and all efforts were made to trace it.
Goa state law commission is a three-member body headed by former Union Minister of Law for State Ramakant Khalap.
"All efforts are made to trace the file hence the department has issued circular on December 10, 2010 to all the heads of departments requesting to see whether the file is inadvertently received by their offices," the reply signed by under secretary N P Signapurker reads.
The state government has not filed any police complaint regarding the missing file.
Rodrigues has now demanded that the enquiry should be conducted as to where the file has gone missing despite secretariat having fool-proof computerised file management system. "The file is also not shown in the system which is very suspicious," he added.
Reacting to the missing file, Khalap told PTI that a police complaint should be filed in this regard.
"The file should be like an open book. It should be made available for the public," he said adding that all the documents in the file should be made available for the public scrutiny.
"There is nothing to hide in the file. It`s not a contract or any promotion. It`s about formation of a law commission," Khalap said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday