Goa legislator`s chair breaks during assembly sitting
Panaji: The Goa Assembly witnessed an unusual disruption during the Budget session sitting on Tuesday when a legislator almost fell off as his chair gave way under his weight.
Former tourism minister and Goa Vikas Party chief Mickky Pacheco was thrown off balance when the chair he was sitting on collapsed.
Legislators, the Speaker and those present in the visitors` gallery couldn`t help but smile as some members quickly walked up to help the portly Pacheco to his feet.
As the legislator tried to gather himself, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar quipped: "Was there an earthquake?"
Speaker Rajendra Arlekar, however, cautioned photographers not to publish photos of the incident.
"Photos of this incident will not be published tomorrow," Arlekar advised media persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- India remembers Kargil War hero Captain Anuj Nayyar who died in 1999
- Who are you? Guide to top seeds` rivals at 2016 US Open
- Low oxygen level kills thousands of peanut bunker fish in Keansburg marina- Watch!
- Dilshan equalled services of Jayawardena, Sangakkara for Sri Lankan cricket: Mathews
- Egypt frees renowned rights lawyer Malek Adly