Goa legislator`s chair breaks during assembly sitting
Panaji: The Goa Assembly witnessed an unusual disruption during the Budget session sitting on Tuesday when a legislator almost fell off as his chair gave way under his weight.
Former tourism minister and Goa Vikas Party chief Mickky Pacheco was thrown off balance when the chair he was sitting on collapsed.
Legislators, the Speaker and those present in the visitors` gallery couldn`t help but smile as some members quickly walked up to help the portly Pacheco to his feet.
As the legislator tried to gather himself, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar quipped: "Was there an earthquake?"
Speaker Rajendra Arlekar, however, cautioned photographers not to publish photos of the incident.
"Photos of this incident will not be published tomorrow," Arlekar advised media persons.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India