Goa legislator`s chair breaks during assembly sitting
Panaji: The Goa Assembly witnessed an unusual disruption during the Budget session sitting on Tuesday when a legislator almost fell off as his chair gave way under his weight.
Former tourism minister and Goa Vikas Party chief Mickky Pacheco was thrown off balance when the chair he was sitting on collapsed.
Legislators, the Speaker and those present in the visitors` gallery couldn`t help but smile as some members quickly walked up to help the portly Pacheco to his feet.
As the legislator tried to gather himself, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar quipped: "Was there an earthquake?"
Speaker Rajendra Arlekar, however, cautioned photographers not to publish photos of the incident.
"Photos of this incident will not be published tomorrow," Arlekar advised media persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic