Goa legislator`s chair breaks during assembly sitting
Panaji: The Goa Assembly witnessed an unusual disruption during the Budget session sitting on Tuesday when a legislator almost fell off as his chair gave way under his weight.
Former tourism minister and Goa Vikas Party chief Mickky Pacheco was thrown off balance when the chair he was sitting on collapsed.
Legislators, the Speaker and those present in the visitors` gallery couldn`t help but smile as some members quickly walked up to help the portly Pacheco to his feet.
As the legislator tried to gather himself, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar quipped: "Was there an earthquake?"
Speaker Rajendra Arlekar, however, cautioned photographers not to publish photos of the incident.
"Photos of this incident will not be published tomorrow," Arlekar advised media persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday