Goa legislator`s chair breaks during assembly sitting
Panaji: The Goa Assembly witnessed an unusual disruption during the Budget session sitting on Tuesday when a legislator almost fell off as his chair gave way under his weight.
Former tourism minister and Goa Vikas Party chief Mickky Pacheco was thrown off balance when the chair he was sitting on collapsed.
Legislators, the Speaker and those present in the visitors` gallery couldn`t help but smile as some members quickly walked up to help the portly Pacheco to his feet.
As the legislator tried to gather himself, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar quipped: "Was there an earthquake?"
Speaker Rajendra Arlekar, however, cautioned photographers not to publish photos of the incident.
"Photos of this incident will not be published tomorrow," Arlekar advised media persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress