Goa legislators to get i-Pads from next session
Panaji: In a bid to have paperless House proceedings, Goa Assembly members will get i-Pads during the next session, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Wednesday during the ongoing session.
The intention is to make proceedings of Goa Legislative Assembly paperless, Parrikar said.
A huge quantity of paper is used for printing the Assembly documents, he said adding that "there is need to reduce usage of paper, which will save some trees."
In phases, the Assembly will move to a complete paperless business once legislators get the hang of using i-Pads, the chief minister said.
"We can train the legislators to use it," Parrikar said, adding that the business of the House will be made available on i-Pad for the legislators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery