Goa legislators to get i-Pads from next session
Panaji: In a bid to have paperless House proceedings, Goa Assembly members will get i-Pads during the next session, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Wednesday during the ongoing session.
The intention is to make proceedings of Goa Legislative Assembly paperless, Parrikar said.
A huge quantity of paper is used for printing the Assembly documents, he said adding that "there is need to reduce usage of paper, which will save some trees."
In phases, the Assembly will move to a complete paperless business once legislators get the hang of using i-Pads, the chief minister said.
"We can train the legislators to use it," Parrikar said, adding that the business of the House will be made available on i-Pad for the legislators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr