Goa legislators to get i-Pads from next session
Panaji: In a bid to have paperless House proceedings, Goa Assembly members will get i-Pads during the next session, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Wednesday during the ongoing session.
The intention is to make proceedings of Goa Legislative Assembly paperless, Parrikar said.
A huge quantity of paper is used for printing the Assembly documents, he said adding that "there is need to reduce usage of paper, which will save some trees."
In phases, the Assembly will move to a complete paperless business once legislators get the hang of using i-Pads, the chief minister said.
"We can train the legislators to use it," Parrikar said, adding that the business of the House will be made available on i-Pad for the legislators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS