Goa legislators to get i-Pads from next session
Panaji: In a bid to have paperless House proceedings, Goa Assembly members will get i-Pads during the next session, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Wednesday during the ongoing session.
The intention is to make proceedings of Goa Legislative Assembly paperless, Parrikar said.
A huge quantity of paper is used for printing the Assembly documents, he said adding that "there is need to reduce usage of paper, which will save some trees."
In phases, the Assembly will move to a complete paperless business once legislators get the hang of using i-Pads, the chief minister said.
"We can train the legislators to use it," Parrikar said, adding that the business of the House will be made available on i-Pad for the legislators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees