Goa Lokayukta denies receiving any illegal mining complaint
Panaji: Goa Lokayukta officials Friday said that they are yet to receive any complaint related to illegal mining, although Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar had announced a week ago that the file has been referred to the Lokayukta.
Goa Lokayukta Secretary Mathew Samuel told PTI here today that his office is yet to receive any file pertaining to illegal mining on behalf of the state government.
Last week, Parrikar had announced at a press conference that the file affixing civil liabilities on various people, including mine owners and government officials, had been sent to the Goa Lokayukta.
The state has already filed complaints with the crime branch fixing criminal liabilities on illegal mining scamsters which is pegged to be worth around Rs 35,000 crore.
A high-level source from the state mines department said that the complaint which indicted several high ranking politicians, officials and mine owners is pending with the Directorate of Vigilance.
The Goa state government had initially referred the complaint to its Vigilance Department from where it ought to be filed with the Lokayukta.
In his inquiry report, Justice M B Shah had confirmed illegal mining in the Goa state.
Mining was stopped in Goa after the Supreme Court initiated an inquiry through a Central Empowered Committee (CEC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray