Goa Lokayukta residence being renovated without tendering: Congress
Panaji: The temporary residence of Goa Lokayukta B Sudarshan Reddy is being renovated and lakhs of rupees are being spent on it in violation of tendering norms, the Congress party in the state said on Thursday.
Addressing a press conference at the party`s state headquarters in Panaji, Congress spokesperson Sudip Tamhankar said that no tender had been invited for renovating the Goa state guest house, where Reddy is temporarily lodged after taking over as Lokayukya in March.
"It is a shame that the place where the Lokayuktya is residing is being renovated to his requirements by the state government by flouting tendering processes. Lakhs of rupees are being spent on the renovation which is being done by the public works department minister`s pet contractor who has been chosen without tender," Tamhankar claimed.
The Congress has now challenged the former Supreme Court judge to take up the matter suo moto and relinquish his makeshift residence arranged by the state government.
"Since he is in Goa to uphold clean and transparent governance, Reddy should suo moto investigate how his own temporary residence is being renovated without following tendering norms," demanded Tamhankar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic