Goa: Manohar Parrikar takes on Union Home Ministry
Panaji: Goa government has said it is not necessary to accept officers posted by the Union Home Ministry unless the state government finds that the officer deputed is suitable to handle the affairs of a "sensitive state like Goa."
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told his party colleague, legislator Vishnu Wagh, in a written reply during the recently concluded Legislative Assembly session that the state was not consulted in the past by Union Home Ministry in some cases before posting the officers of IAS and IPS rank.
"It is not necessary to accept officers posted by the Ministry unless the government finds that the officer posted is suitable to handle the affairs in a small but sensitive state like Goa," Parrikar said.
"Therefore, the state government expects that the Ministry should consult the state government before posting of officers in Goa, which was not done in some of the cases," the chief minister added.
Parrikar had refused posting of a few IPS officers in the past claiming that the Home ministry was posting them arbitrarily.
The Chief Minister had even refused to relieve IPS officer Ravindra Yadav, holding post of Deputy Inspector General (DIG) in Goa.
The state has eight sanctioned posts for IPS officers, of which only five are filled by the Union Ministry.
These include -- Director General of Police Kishen Kumar, Inspector General of Police Sanjay Singh and Superintendents of Police Vijay Singh, OP Mishra and Brahma Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray