Goa mining scam: Cong not in hurry to take action
Panaji: With names of several Congress
leaders cropping up in connection with the multi-crore illegal
mining scam in Goa, the party leadership has maintained it
will take action only after their involvement is proved.
"There has to be something against the Congress leaders
to prove their involvement," Congress Goa desk in-charge
Jagmeet Singh Brar told reporters here today.
"They will have to face probe if they are found to be
involved (in the scam)," Brar stated.
The names of Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, Goa Pradesh
Congress Committee President Subhash Shirodkar, Urban
Development Minister Joaquim Alemao, Congress legislators Sham
Satardekar, Chandrakant Kavlekar and party leader Dinar Tarcar
are doing the round ever since the scam came to light a few
days ago. These leaders have denied any wrongdoing.
To a question, Brar maintained that Congress leaders
found involved in illegal mining trade will be denied party
ticket for the Goa Assembly polls due in mid-2012.
"We will definitely not allow persons facing serious
allegations to contest polls," he said.
Asked about poll preparations, the Congress leader said
the first list of party candidates will be declared much in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016