Goa mining scam "dirty money" funding Cong: BJP
New Delhi: Seeking the removal of Goa Chief
Minister Digambar Kamat for his alleged involvement in the
mining scam, BJP on Tuesday charged the "dirty money" from the
scandal was being used to run the ruling party at the Centre
and in that state.
"BJP demands that a CBI inquiry should be held in the
mining scam in Goa and the Chief Minister should be removed,"
party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
BJP insisted that while Congress kept alleging there was
a mining scam in Karnataka and the Chief Minister should be
removed, Goa is not even "on its radar" though there is a huge
"The dirty money from Goa is probably helping Congress
run the show here at the Centre and in the state," Sitharaman
said, adding the mining scam was to the tune of Rs 10,000
crore and had caused a "humongous loss".
The opposition demand for Kamat`s removal today has come
at a time when there are indications that Congress may give
the Chief Minister a breather and take any action only if
he is indicted in any inquiry in the mining scam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata