Goa ministers spend Rs 13.24 cr on foreign jaunts
Panaji: Three Goa ministers and four legislators of the ruling coalition have spent a whopping of Rs 13.24 crore in last two years on travelling across the globe to promote tourism.
According to the reply tabled on the floor of the House, State Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar has spent highest on foreign tours during last two years, from March 2012- 2014.
The ministers including Parulekar, power minister Milind Naik and Industries Minister Mahadev Naik and legislators ? Nilesh Cabral, Anant Shet, Subhash Phaldesai and Ganesh Gaonkar were sent at the state expense to participate in 26 trade fairs and road shows in last two years.
The reply mentions that events like Lisbon Travel Mart, Portugal, ITB, Berlin, Roadshow in New York, World Travel Mart, London, Beijing International tourism expo, Matka tourism expo, Finland were attended by Goa delegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today