Goa ministers spend Rs 13.24 cr on foreign jaunts
Panaji: Three Goa ministers and four legislators of the ruling coalition have spent a whopping of Rs 13.24 crore in last two years on travelling across the globe to promote tourism.
According to the reply tabled on the floor of the House, State Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar has spent highest on foreign tours during last two years, from March 2012- 2014.
The ministers including Parulekar, power minister Milind Naik and Industries Minister Mahadev Naik and legislators ? Nilesh Cabral, Anant Shet, Subhash Phaldesai and Ganesh Gaonkar were sent at the state expense to participate in 26 trade fairs and road shows in last two years.
The reply mentions that events like Lisbon Travel Mart, Portugal, ITB, Berlin, Roadshow in New York, World Travel Mart, London, Beijing International tourism expo, Matka tourism expo, Finland were attended by Goa delegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands