Goa ministers to get additional portfolios on Oct 7: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday announced that additional portfolios would be distributed amongst state ministers on October 7.
"Additional portfolios would be given on the first day of the six-day Assembly session beginning next Monday," Parrikar told reporters here.
The CM, however, refused to answer any queries on whether a reshuffle in portfolios was also on the cards.
"I can tell you only one thing, that there will be no dropping of any minister from the Cabinet," he said.
Parrikar said that while the first round of evaluating the performances of the various ministers had been completed, the second round would be held by this year-end.
Parrikar, after swearing-in his Cabinet in March 2012, had allotted two portfolios each to the ministers and announced that additional portfolios will be given in four months.
He had earlier said that assigning the additional portfolios was taking time as he was busy settling the issue of the mining ban in the state.
The Goa Cabinet comprises 12 ministers, including the CM.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list