Goa ministers to get additional portfolios on Oct 7: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday announced that additional portfolios would be distributed amongst state ministers on October 7.
"Additional portfolios would be given on the first day of the six-day Assembly session beginning next Monday," Parrikar told reporters here.
The CM, however, refused to answer any queries on whether a reshuffle in portfolios was also on the cards.
"I can tell you only one thing, that there will be no dropping of any minister from the Cabinet," he said.
Parrikar said that while the first round of evaluating the performances of the various ministers had been completed, the second round would be held by this year-end.
Parrikar, after swearing-in his Cabinet in March 2012, had allotted two portfolios each to the ministers and announced that additional portfolios will be given in four months.
He had earlier said that assigning the additional portfolios was taking time as he was busy settling the issue of the mining ban in the state.
The Goa Cabinet comprises 12 ministers, including the CM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border