Goa ministers to get additional portfolios on Oct 7: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday announced that additional portfolios would be distributed amongst state ministers on October 7.
"Additional portfolios would be given on the first day of the six-day Assembly session beginning next Monday," Parrikar told reporters here.
The CM, however, refused to answer any queries on whether a reshuffle in portfolios was also on the cards.
"I can tell you only one thing, that there will be no dropping of any minister from the Cabinet," he said.
Parrikar said that while the first round of evaluating the performances of the various ministers had been completed, the second round would be held by this year-end.
Parrikar, after swearing-in his Cabinet in March 2012, had allotted two portfolios each to the ministers and announced that additional portfolios will be given in four months.
He had earlier said that assigning the additional portfolios was taking time as he was busy settling the issue of the mining ban in the state.
The Goa Cabinet comprises 12 ministers, including the CM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city