Goa ministers to get additional portfolios on Oct 7: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday announced that additional portfolios would be distributed amongst state ministers on October 7.
"Additional portfolios would be given on the first day of the six-day Assembly session beginning next Monday," Parrikar told reporters here.
The CM, however, refused to answer any queries on whether a reshuffle in portfolios was also on the cards.
"I can tell you only one thing, that there will be no dropping of any minister from the Cabinet," he said.
Parrikar said that while the first round of evaluating the performances of the various ministers had been completed, the second round would be held by this year-end.
Parrikar, after swearing-in his Cabinet in March 2012, had allotted two portfolios each to the ministers and announced that additional portfolios will be given in four months.
He had earlier said that assigning the additional portfolios was taking time as he was busy settling the issue of the mining ban in the state.
The Goa Cabinet comprises 12 ministers, including the CM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez