Goa MLAs for action against officer`s misbehaviour
Panaji: A section of Opposition MLAs in Goa Assembly today demanded a stern action against a revenue official for allegedly misbehaving with women while discharging his duty.
Raising the issue on floor of the Legislative Assembly, Independent legislator Naresh Sawal said the behaviour of the Mamlatdar (revenue official) from Bicholim taluka in dealing with general public, especially women, was "serious" and should be reined in before it is too late.
In his reply, Revenue Minister Francis D`Souza said a complaint was received against the concerned officer, whose name is mentioned in the written reply tabled on the floor of the House.
"The complaint against the officer has been investigated by a deputy collector-level officer from Bicholim taluka", he said.
Not happy with the reply, Sawal said it appears that the state government lacked seriousness in curbing crime against women.
Sawal was joined by another Independent legislator Vijay Sardessai who brought to the notice of the House that an offence was registered against the officer at Vasco police station.
Intervening in the debate, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said the issue regarding police complaint against the officer could not be discussed on the floor of the House as the question was related to his misbehaviour in the office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III