Goa mulling policy to attract investment in IT
Panaji: The Goa government could soon come up with a policy to attract investment in the Information Technology (IT) sector, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told the Goa legislative assembly Tuesday.
"The government may come up with an investment policy in the IT sector to encourage IT industry in Goa," Parrikar, who is also the Minister for Information and Technology told the monsoon session of the state legislative assembly.
Parrikar has been an advocate of small-to-mid business process outsourcing (BPO) IT firms setting shop in Goa, which could stop out-migration of educated youngsters from the state.
At a forum of investors held in Goa earlier this month, Parrikar had said that Goa was focussing on attracting investments in the IT, Healthcare as well as the education sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!