Goa mulling policy to attract investment in IT
Panaji: The Goa government could soon come up with a policy to attract investment in the Information Technology (IT) sector, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told the Goa legislative assembly Tuesday.
"The government may come up with an investment policy in the IT sector to encourage IT industry in Goa," Parrikar, who is also the Minister for Information and Technology told the monsoon session of the state legislative assembly.
Parrikar has been an advocate of small-to-mid business process outsourcing (BPO) IT firms setting shop in Goa, which could stop out-migration of educated youngsters from the state.
At a forum of investors held in Goa earlier this month, Parrikar had said that Goa was focussing on attracting investments in the IT, Healthcare as well as the education sectors.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India