Goa: National flag found in garbage bin
Panaji: A national flag was found in a
garbage dump near the Corporation of City of Panaji (CCP) main
office here, after which the civic body has initiated an
inquiry into the incident.
CCP Mayor Yatin Parekh told reporters that the inquiry
would be conducted by CCP Commissioner Agnelo Fernandes.
A national flag was found lying in the garbage dump
behind CCP`s main office in the city, which was noticed by a
group of photo-journalists who had gone there to cover an
"When we brought it to the notice of the workers, they
started abusing us and accused us of planting the flag to
create sensation," a photo-journalist said.
He said the matter was immediately brought to the notice
of the Mayor, who ordered an inquiry.
Parekh said "dumping of tri-colour in the garbage heap is
a serious offence. We will find out who did it and punish
Photo Journalists Association of Goa (PJAG) condemned the
accusation against its members.
"It`s shameful that photo journalists who were disturbed
by the insult to national pride were treated like this by CCP
workers," PJAG President Rosario Estebeiro said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?