Goa: National flag found in garbage bin
Panaji: A national flag was found in a
garbage dump near the Corporation of City of Panaji (CCP) main
office here, after which the civic body has initiated an
inquiry into the incident.
CCP Mayor Yatin Parekh told reporters that the inquiry
would be conducted by CCP Commissioner Agnelo Fernandes.
A national flag was found lying in the garbage dump
behind CCP`s main office in the city, which was noticed by a
group of photo-journalists who had gone there to cover an
"When we brought it to the notice of the workers, they
started abusing us and accused us of planting the flag to
create sensation," a photo-journalist said.
He said the matter was immediately brought to the notice
of the Mayor, who ordered an inquiry.
Parekh said "dumping of tri-colour in the garbage heap is
a serious offence. We will find out who did it and punish
Photo Journalists Association of Goa (PJAG) condemned the
accusation against its members.
"It`s shameful that photo journalists who were disturbed
by the insult to national pride were treated like this by CCP
workers," PJAG President Rosario Estebeiro said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family