Goa: National flag found in garbage bin
Panaji: A national flag was found in a
garbage dump near the Corporation of City of Panaji (CCP) main
office here, after which the civic body has initiated an
inquiry into the incident.
CCP Mayor Yatin Parekh told reporters that the inquiry
would be conducted by CCP Commissioner Agnelo Fernandes.
A national flag was found lying in the garbage dump
behind CCP`s main office in the city, which was noticed by a
group of photo-journalists who had gone there to cover an
"When we brought it to the notice of the workers, they
started abusing us and accused us of planting the flag to
create sensation," a photo-journalist said.
He said the matter was immediately brought to the notice
of the Mayor, who ordered an inquiry.
Parekh said "dumping of tri-colour in the garbage heap is
a serious offence. We will find out who did it and punish
Photo Journalists Association of Goa (PJAG) condemned the
accusation against its members.
"It`s shameful that photo journalists who were disturbed
by the insult to national pride were treated like this by CCP
workers," PJAG President Rosario Estebeiro said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video