Goa: NCP leader accused of illegal mining
Panaji: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) will summon the party`s national secretary Jeetendra Deshprabhu who has been indicted by the Goa government for large scale illegal mining.
Speaking to reporters Monday, state party president Surendra Sirsat asserted that the NCP was against illegal mining.
"We will summon him to know about the illegal mining allegations," Sirsat said, in the presence of NCP central observer Bharati Chawan.
Deshprabhu has been fined Rs.1.72 crore for carrying out large scale illegal mining of bauxite at Korgao, in Pernem taluka, 30 km from here.
The NCP national secretary has also been booked by the Crime Branch in the illegal mining case along with top mining department officials, including the director mines Arvind Lolienkar.
"Our party president has spelled out a firm policy against illegal mining. We will not support illegal mining by anybody in any manner," Chawan said.
Deshprabhu is not the only NCP official accused of illegal mining. The party`s Goa co-ordinator Prafulla Hede has also been hauled up for illegal mining by the Goa government, in which the NCP is a coalition partner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered