Goa NCP unit president ready to quit for Pacheco
Panaji: Nationalist Congress Party`s Goa Unit Chief Jose Philip D`Souza on Saturday said he is ready to step down from the post to pave way for his party colleague, Fransisco Mickey Pacheco.
"After municipal elections (scheduled on October 31), I will meet party high command in Delhi and request them to appoint Pacheco as NCP Goa President," D`Souza, who is also
state revenue minister, told a news agency.
Both, D`Souza and Pacheco had engaged in a public fight this week in the port town of Vasco forcing the party to call an emergency meeting.
Pacheco is a NCP legislator, had to resign as Goa Tourism Minister after his name was embroiled in the controversy related to death of his friend, Nadia Torrado.
D`Souza had claimed that his supporters attacked Pacheco because he was distributing money to vote against his panel while Pacheco had refuted the allegations.
"Micky (Pacheco) has made a statement in the media that he can get 10 seats for NCP during forthcoming state legislative assembly elections. If that`s the case than it is
good for the party," D`Souza said.
"I want the party to grow. I am telling you this at serious note that I will be urging high command to appoint Pacheco at the helm of party affairs," he added.
NCP is a part of Congress-led government in the state with two out of its three legislators inducted in the cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal