Goa NCP waiting for decision on seat-sharing for LS polls
Panaji: Goa unit of NCP on Monday said that the party is waiting for the decision by its top leaders as well as Congress high command over the seat sharing between the two parties for two Parliamentary seats in the state.
NCP Goa chief spokesman Trojano D`Mello said that though the party has an option to fight both the seats, it will wait for the NCP and Congress leaderships to decide.
The party leaders on Monday held a meeting in the city to discuss poll related issues. However, the meeting remained inconclusive awaiting communication from Delhi on the seat sharing issue.
The Congress party has put its claim on both the seats for Goa, while NCP has said that alliance should go by the earlier formula of sharing North seat with Pawar-led party.
"Congress Goa President John Fernandes is making statements that they will contest both the seats. He is acting like a BJP agent," D`Mello alleged.
He said that the party has strong workers` base in both the constituencies and can win the elections.
For the last parliamentary polls, NCP was given North Goa seat, which it lost to BJP, while Congress had successfully contested the South Goa seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet