Goa officer sold drugs from police warehouse, CBI told
Panaji: The Goa government has informed the CBI that police sub inspector Sunil Guddler, who was caught on camera, allegedly selling drugs to two foreign women, had stolen it from the police godown.
State Chief Secretary Sanjay Srivastava in a confidential letter to the central agency has said that Guddler committed theft of the drugs from the Anti-Narcotic Cell (ANC) godown.
The letter, a copy of which is available with a news agency, was written on January 31, 2011 requesting CBI to take over investigations of this case.
Ayala Driham and Zarina, both foreign nationals, had caught PSI Guddler on spy cam while he was trying to give them drugs. The tapes were released on January 4, 2011.
Seven policemen were arrested last year, when they stole drugs from ANC godown and sold it to Israeli drug lord Yaniv Benaim alias Atala.
This time, Guddler, who was the investigating officer in the Israeli drug lord David Driham alias Dudu case, is shown on camera hobnobbing with two foreigners, giving them drugs.
The CS has said that the special investigation team (SIT) formed to investigate Guddler case has found prima facie evidence into allegations against him.
"Hence a case was registered at Crime Branch under different sections of Indian Penal Code, Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 and NDPS Act," the letter reads.
The Goa government has said that cases involving Guddler and the seven cops have generated considerable controversy and "in the interest of fairness and justice and to impart credibility to investigations, Goa government has decided to
entrust the enquiry in this case to CBI."
Goa government also handed over cases of Atala and the seven policemen to CBI by a letter dated January 21, 2011.
Srivastava, who is also the Home Secretary, said attempts were made to contact Swedish model Lucky Farmhouse, Atala`s ex-girlfriend, who had caught Atala confessing of his links with the policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!