Goa okays creation of separate AIS cadre, delinks from AGMUT
Panaji: In a landmark decision, BJP-led Goa government on Wednesday approved creation of a separate and exclusive cadre of All India Services (AIS) officers against "feudal" attitude of Centre in postings, by delinking itself from the existing AGMUT cadre.
"It (the decision) was necessary because Centre has been acting like `feudal lords` by not taking the state into confidence while posting the IAS and IPS officers... The Cabinet today adopted unanimous resolution for the separate cadre," Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told reporters after the Cabinet meeting.
As per the current system, IAS/IPS officers are allocated "cadres" after their recruitment in service. There is one cadre in each State, except for three joint cadres: Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, and Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram, Union Territories (AGMUT).
"It was resolved to request the Union government to forthwith take steps for formation of a separate AIS cadre for Goa state including determining the strength and composition of the cadre in consultation with the state government," the Chief Minister said.
Goa has been sourcing officers from AGMUT cadre even after it was bestowed statehood in 1987.
Parrikar said the UPA government had been hesitant even to call the meeting of joint cadre management authority, which was necessary to discuss the concerns of the state.
"I had even written to them (Centre) asking to call for a meeting but they have not called for it.. They behave as if they are kings. They act like feudal lords who are having their heads in the sand," Parrikar said without naming the Union Home Ministry, which is headed by Congress.
Justifying the delinking decision, Parrikar said the Centre was arbitrarily transferring officers including those in the ranks of?state chief secretary.
"In last six to seven years, all Union home ministers have done some or other manipulations and are involved in mischievous acts. Some of them are mean-minded," Parrikar alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Vikram Bhatt rips apart Kamaal R Khan through FB post! – Full text
- Google may launch its own handset to take on Apple
- Faulty gear-shift lever makes FCA recall 13,092 Maserati cars in US
- Pakistan looks for paid lobbyist in US after recent diplomatic disasters
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata releases exam dates for PGET 2016