Goa PAC probing land allotment for SEZs
Panaji: After the illegal mining mess, the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) of the Goa Assembly is investigating alleged irregularities committed by former chief minister Pratapsingh Rane and his government in the allotment of land for Special Economic Zone (SEZ) promoters in the state.
PAC chairman Manohar Parrikar said today that at the face of it, the scam is worth around Rs 51 crore but it could be much more.
PAC has got on record figure of Rs 51 crore. We are collecting the information. The scam might be much bigger, he said.
Comptroller Auditor General (CAG) report had pointed out that Goa Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) had done a sale deed with four SEZ allottes for more area than approved by the board at lesser rates resulting in the loss of Rs 39.47 crore.
Parrikar said that GIDC is on record to state that it had given relaxations to SEZ promoters on the instructions of the then chief minister (Pratapsingh Rane) and Industries Minister (Luizinho Faleiro).
"CAG has clearly pointed out that the land was allotted without following proper procedure," he said.
Parrikar said that the land at Verna industrial estate was quoted at Rs 750 per square meter for the SEZ developers during the GIDC board meeting.
"But when actual allotment was done, it was given at Rs 600 per square meter," he added.
Goa government had formulated an SEZ policy in 2007 but later withdrew it in June 2009.
Three SEZs were notified by the Union Ministry, which were later sent for denotification by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22