Goa police announces reward for info in rape-murder case
Panaji: Goa Police on Wednesday announced reward for anybody providing information about culprits behind the rape and murder of a 50-year-old fisherwoman in Canacona.
The woman`s bruised body was found last week in a thick forest at Canacona, a few km away from her house. Medical examination had revealed that she was raped and murdered.
A reward of Rs 50,000 has been announced for the person who can provide information about the assailant, Deputy Inspector General of Police O P Mishra told PTI today.
The identity of the informant would be kept secret. The information can be given to SP or Dy SP of crime branch or to SP South Goa, he said.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar yesterday said that police had received certain decisive leads, which can help in cracking the case.
Canacona locals had protested on February 2 and 3 at the police station, demanding that the investigation be handed over to the crime branch.
The protestors had blocked the traffic in Canacona, the southern most taluka of the state, accusing police of lethargy in investigating the rape and murder.
The state government yesterday transferred the case to the crime branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai