Goa police announces reward for info in rape-murder case
Panaji: Goa Police on Wednesday announced reward for anybody providing information about culprits behind the rape and murder of a 50-year-old fisherwoman in Canacona.
The woman`s bruised body was found last week in a thick forest at Canacona, a few km away from her house. Medical examination had revealed that she was raped and murdered.
A reward of Rs 50,000 has been announced for the person who can provide information about the assailant, Deputy Inspector General of Police O P Mishra told PTI today.
The identity of the informant would be kept secret. The information can be given to SP or Dy SP of crime branch or to SP South Goa, he said.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar yesterday said that police had received certain decisive leads, which can help in cracking the case.
Canacona locals had protested on February 2 and 3 at the police station, demanding that the investigation be handed over to the crime branch.
The protestors had blocked the traffic in Canacona, the southern most taluka of the state, accusing police of lethargy in investigating the rape and murder.
The state government yesterday transferred the case to the crime branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Bharti Airtel Q1 profit dips 31% to Rs 1,462 crore
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Lok Sabha passes Bill to check benami transactions
- Activist Trupti Desai beats up man with slipper in public for refusing to marry – Watch viral video
- Two BSP MLAs accuse Mayawati of selling tickets for crores