Goa police announces reward for info in rape-murder case
Panaji: Goa Police on Wednesday announced reward for anybody providing information about culprits behind the rape and murder of a 50-year-old fisherwoman in Canacona.
The woman`s bruised body was found last week in a thick forest at Canacona, a few km away from her house. Medical examination had revealed that she was raped and murdered.
A reward of Rs 50,000 has been announced for the person who can provide information about the assailant, Deputy Inspector General of Police O P Mishra told PTI today.
The identity of the informant would be kept secret. The information can be given to SP or Dy SP of crime branch or to SP South Goa, he said.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar yesterday said that police had received certain decisive leads, which can help in cracking the case.
Canacona locals had protested on February 2 and 3 at the police station, demanding that the investigation be handed over to the crime branch.
The protestors had blocked the traffic in Canacona, the southern most taluka of the state, accusing police of lethargy in investigating the rape and murder.
The state government yesterday transferred the case to the crime branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31