Goa police arrests two in Margao blast case
Panaji: Two persons were arrested on Saturday in
connection with the blast in which two members of a right-wing
Hindu group were killed in the commercial town of Margao in
Goa on October 16.
"We have arrested two persons in connection with the
blast. Both are locals," Deputy Inspector General of Police
Ravindra Yadav said in Panaji.
However, the official did not reveal the names of those
arrested. Police sources said that the arrests were made on
basis of clues received from the mobile phone used by Malgonda
Patil, one of the two victims who was later named an accused.
The blast occurred after an explosive device kept in a
scooter went off on a busy street in Margao, 30 kms from here
on the eve of Diwali, killing two Sanatan Saunstha activists
who were allegedly ferrying explosives, police had said.
Patil and Yogesh Naik, who were named as accused in the
case, died in the blast. The duo was affiliated to Saunstha, a
right-wing Hindu organisation which operates from a Ashram at
Ramnathi village in Goa and came under police scanner after
A Special Investigation Team (SIT) of Goa police is
probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener