Goa police beef up security at sites visited by Headley
Panaji: The police have beefed up security at places reportedly frequented by US terror suspect David Coleman Headley during his week-long Goa visit last year.
Central intelligence agencies have forwarded to the Goa police a list of places which Headley is reported to have reconnoitred during his visit to the coastal tourism-oriented villages of Anjuna and Arambol, a senior police official said Tuesday.
"The list comprises of places which Headley is supposed to have visited in Goa. We have already corroborated some of these inputs at the ground level and vigil at these sites has been increased," the official said without naming the places.
Following the terror strike at Pune`s German Bakery Saturday, security for vital installations in the state had also been increased, Superintendent of Police (Security) Tony Fernandes said.
"Dams, oil storage tanks, places of religious worship are now under 24-hour vigilance," Fernandes said, adding that military installations including army and naval bases in the state were also on alert.
"There is no specific threat to these vital installations, but we are on a state of general alert," Fernandes said.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Ravinder Singh Yadav has already said that security for Chabad house -- a Jewish prayer house in Anjuna which Headley is reported to have scouted -- has also been increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today