Goa police declare award for providing info about rape accused
Panaji: Goa Police on Wednesday declared an award of Rs 50,000 for a person who would provide information about the accused involved in the sexual abuse of a seven-year-old girl at a Vasco-based school two days back.
"Director General of Police has announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for a person who will provide information about the accused involved in the Vasco rape case," Goa police spokesman John Aguiyar told PTI.
State police have already formed a 15-member special investigation team (SIT) to track the accused, who has been at large after committing the sexual assault.
The girl was allegedly raped in the school toilet on Monday in Vasco, following which massive protests were witnessed in the port town.
According to eye witnesses, the accused was seen wearing a blue jeans and a blue, white and black striped long sleeved shirt in the school premises before committing the crime.
Police had prepared a sketch of the accused yesterday but a fresh graphic was released today by them after questioning various eye witnesses.
The statement of the victim was also recorded by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?