Goa police declare award for providing info about rape accused
Panaji: Goa Police on Wednesday declared an award of Rs 50,000 for a person who would provide information about the accused involved in the sexual abuse of a seven-year-old girl at a Vasco-based school two days back.
"Director General of Police has announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for a person who will provide information about the accused involved in the Vasco rape case," Goa police spokesman John Aguiyar told PTI.
State police have already formed a 15-member special investigation team (SIT) to track the accused, who has been at large after committing the sexual assault.
The girl was allegedly raped in the school toilet on Monday in Vasco, following which massive protests were witnessed in the port town.
According to eye witnesses, the accused was seen wearing a blue jeans and a blue, white and black striped long sleeved shirt in the school premises before committing the crime.
Police had prepared a sketch of the accused yesterday but a fresh graphic was released today by them after questioning various eye witnesses.
The statement of the victim was also recorded by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief