Goa police declare award for providing info about rape accused
Panaji: Goa Police on Wednesday declared an award of Rs 50,000 for a person who would provide information about the accused involved in the sexual abuse of a seven-year-old girl at a Vasco-based school two days back.
"Director General of Police has announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for a person who will provide information about the accused involved in the Vasco rape case," Goa police spokesman John Aguiyar told PTI.
State police have already formed a 15-member special investigation team (SIT) to track the accused, who has been at large after committing the sexual assault.
The girl was allegedly raped in the school toilet on Monday in Vasco, following which massive protests were witnessed in the port town.
According to eye witnesses, the accused was seen wearing a blue jeans and a blue, white and black striped long sleeved shirt in the school premises before committing the crime.
Police had prepared a sketch of the accused yesterday but a fresh graphic was released today by them after questioning various eye witnesses.
The statement of the victim was also recorded by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi