Goa Police demand information on AAP, its members
Panaji: Even as Aam Aadmi Party members complain of intimidation by the BJP in several states, it is the police who are breathing down the party`s neck in Goa.
AAP member Valmiki Naik told IANS Thursday that Goa Police`s Criminal Investigation Department (CID) has asked the party to submit details and information about the party, its structure, members and even its aims and objectives.
"We have just received a letter from the CID, asking us for these details. We are looking into it and will find a way to respond to it," Naik said.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who is also an IITian like AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal, had first praised his political contemporary after his powerful performance in AAP`s electoral debut.
However, Parrikar has been extremely critical of Kejriwal lately and has often called him a "nautanki".
A police source said the letter was sent to the AAP by the Special Branch of the CID which is in-charge of collecting political intelligence.
"It is just a routine enquiry," a senior police official said.
A day after clashes between the AAP and Bharatiya Janata Party activists spilled across several states, the AAP in a letter to the Election Commission had complained about intimidation by the BJP in states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price