Goa police investigating rape on Australian woman
Panaji: Goa Crime Branch is investigating an allegation of rape by a 28-year-old Australian woman at Palolem beach on Saturday night.
The state police have already arrested a 25-year-old Nigerian Obi Okaroafor on Monday and remanded him to 14-day police custody while medical examination report of the
complainant is awaited.
Police said that the lady had befriended accused on Saturday night during a party in a five star resort at Canacona and later spent night with him in his accommodation on the beachside.
The complaint, initially lodged with Canacona police station, states that Obi raped her same night by spiking her drinks.
Superintendent of police Allan D`Sa said that the victim claimed that she never consented for sex that night.
After initial investigations, the case was handed over to Crime Branch for further probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon