Goa police investigating rape on Australian woman
Panaji: Goa Crime Branch is investigating an allegation of rape by a 28-year-old Australian woman at Palolem beach on Saturday night.
The state police have already arrested a 25-year-old Nigerian Obi Okaroafor on Monday and remanded him to 14-day police custody while medical examination report of the
complainant is awaited.
Police said that the lady had befriended accused on Saturday night during a party in a five star resort at Canacona and later spent night with him in his accommodation on the beachside.
The complaint, initially lodged with Canacona police station, states that Obi raped her same night by spiking her drinks.
Superintendent of police Allan D`Sa said that the victim claimed that she never consented for sex that night.
After initial investigations, the case was handed over to Crime Branch for further probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video