Goa police investigating rape on Australian woman
Panaji: Goa Crime Branch is investigating an allegation of rape by a 28-year-old Australian woman at Palolem beach on Saturday night.
The state police have already arrested a 25-year-old Nigerian Obi Okaroafor on Monday and remanded him to 14-day police custody while medical examination report of the
complainant is awaited.
Police said that the lady had befriended accused on Saturday night during a party in a five star resort at Canacona and later spent night with him in his accommodation on the beachside.
The complaint, initially lodged with Canacona police station, states that Obi raped her same night by spiking her drinks.
Superintendent of police Allan D`Sa said that the victim claimed that she never consented for sex that night.
After initial investigations, the case was handed over to Crime Branch for further probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus