Goa police investigating rape on Australian woman
Panaji: Goa Crime Branch is investigating an allegation of rape by a 28-year-old Australian woman at Palolem beach on Saturday night.
The state police have already arrested a 25-year-old Nigerian Obi Okaroafor on Monday and remanded him to 14-day police custody while medical examination report of the
complainant is awaited.
Police said that the lady had befriended accused on Saturday night during a party in a five star resort at Canacona and later spent night with him in his accommodation on the beachside.
The complaint, initially lodged with Canacona police station, states that Obi raped her same night by spiking her drinks.
Superintendent of police Allan D`Sa said that the victim claimed that she never consented for sex that night.
After initial investigations, the case was handed over to Crime Branch for further probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?