Goa police officer booked for dowry
Panaji: A Police Sub-Inspector (PSI) in Goa has been booked for allegedly harassing his wife for dowry.
An offence has been registered against Terrance Vaz,
attached with Police Control Room here, under IPC Sections
498-A (dowry harassment), 323 (causing hurt) among others, on
a complaint filed by his wife Evelyn, Police Inspector Santosh
Desai said on Saturday.
Evelyn has alleged that Vaz had been regularly asking
for money from her parents ever since they got married five
The PSI would be arrested only after a proper
investigation into the complaint, Desai added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS