Goa police officer booked for dowry
Panaji: A Police Sub-Inspector (PSI) in Goa has been booked for allegedly harassing his wife for dowry.
An offence has been registered against Terrance Vaz,
attached with Police Control Room here, under IPC Sections
498-A (dowry harassment), 323 (causing hurt) among others, on
a complaint filed by his wife Evelyn, Police Inspector Santosh
Desai said on Saturday.
Evelyn has alleged that Vaz had been regularly asking
for money from her parents ever since they got married five
The PSI would be arrested only after a proper
investigation into the complaint, Desai added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery