Goa police recruits to be trained to use modern weapons
Panaji: A fresh batch of recruits in Goa police would be trained with latest sophisticated weapons like glock pistols and INSAS rifles coupled with AK-47s, a senior official said on Saturday.
A new batch of 900 recruits will undergo training soon at Police Training School in Valpoi village, after the state government resorted to massive recruitment in the force, facing huge manpower crunch.
Deputy Inspector General of Police O P Mishra said the new to-be constables would be trained with glock pistols and INSAS rifles, which are the latest procurement of Goa police as a part of its modernisation.
The US-made glock pistols and India`s own INSAS (Indian Small Arms System) rifles have been inducted in the weaponry of the force last year.
This batch would be the first to lay hands on the latest gadgets.
"Any police organisation has to be professionally efficient and in tune with the current socio-economic development and they have to be prepared for the emerging needs," Mishra said.
The nine-month-long course for the constables will also have various modifications this time, including learning from practical experiences.
Mishra said the trainee constables would be attached to various police stations.
"They will be given exposure to real time challenges and procedures. Usually we teach them theory but this time they will be in the police stations to know what would be life for them after their training is over," the DIG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head