Goa Police rework security measures for women
Panaji: Against the backdrop of the Delhi gang-rape case, the Goa Police have reworked its response to crime against women by commissioning a helpline, mapping vulnerable areas and redistributing women police force at various police stations.
The helpline 1091 has been commissioned from today in the central police control room, which will entertain the cases against women and help those in distress, Superintendent of Police (crime) OP Mishra told reporters here today.
"The calls received by the central police control room will be immediately transferred to the nearest police control room vans as well as respective jurisdictional police stations for further necessary action," Mishra said.
Police have also begun mapping vulnerable areas in each of the police stations where there is more possibility of crime against women.
"Individual police station incharges will map these areas based on their feedback," he said.
The department will also ensure that every police station has 2-3 women police constables and lady head constable, he said.
The police station incharges have also been made to spend time between 4.30-5.30 pm every day to listen to the grievances of the people, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state