Goa: Privilege motion moved for misquoting calling attention
Panaji: Goa BJP legislator Nilesh Cabral today moved a privilege motion against a Federation of film producers for issuing a media statement misquoting the Calling Attention, congratulating a Konkani movie for getting selected as the Indian entry for the upcoming Cannes Film Festival.
Cabral today presented a newspaper cutting on the floor of the House which carried a press note by Federation of Film Fraternity of Goa (FFFG) and demanded action against the director-producer of the movie for misguiding the Assembly.
The Goa Assembly on April 18 had congratulated the producer and director of `Digant` for being the official Indian entry for Cannes Festival scheduled next month.
The movie though selected by Directorate of Film Festival (DFF) for the festival, could not make it to the final selection at Cannes.
Cabral said that the media statement by FFFG mentions that the House had congratulated the producer and director for being selected in Cannes Film Festival.
"But the motion moved by House is very clear. We had congratulated the filmmakers for being official entry for the Cannes," the legislator added.
The speaker of Legislative Assembly did not give any ruling in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- IPL 2015: Not easy for fast bowler to win many MOM in one season, says Ashish Nehra