Goa: Privilege motion moved for misquoting calling attention
Panaji: Goa BJP legislator Nilesh Cabral today moved a privilege motion against a Federation of film producers for issuing a media statement misquoting the Calling Attention, congratulating a Konkani movie for getting selected as the Indian entry for the upcoming Cannes Film Festival.
Cabral today presented a newspaper cutting on the floor of the House which carried a press note by Federation of Film Fraternity of Goa (FFFG) and demanded action against the director-producer of the movie for misguiding the Assembly.
The Goa Assembly on April 18 had congratulated the producer and director of `Digant` for being the official Indian entry for Cannes Festival scheduled next month.
The movie though selected by Directorate of Film Festival (DFF) for the festival, could not make it to the final selection at Cannes.
Cabral said that the media statement by FFFG mentions that the House had congratulated the producer and director for being selected in Cannes Film Festival.
"But the motion moved by House is very clear. We had congratulated the filmmakers for being official entry for the Cannes," the legislator added.
The speaker of Legislative Assembly did not give any ruling in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan