Goa: Privilege motion moved for misquoting calling attention
Panaji: Goa BJP legislator Nilesh Cabral today moved a privilege motion against a Federation of film producers for issuing a media statement misquoting the Calling Attention, congratulating a Konkani movie for getting selected as the Indian entry for the upcoming Cannes Film Festival.
Cabral today presented a newspaper cutting on the floor of the House which carried a press note by Federation of Film Fraternity of Goa (FFFG) and demanded action against the director-producer of the movie for misguiding the Assembly.
The Goa Assembly on April 18 had congratulated the producer and director of `Digant` for being the official Indian entry for Cannes Festival scheduled next month.
The movie though selected by Directorate of Film Festival (DFF) for the festival, could not make it to the final selection at Cannes.
Cabral said that the media statement by FFFG mentions that the House had congratulated the producer and director for being selected in Cannes Film Festival.
"But the motion moved by House is very clear. We had congratulated the filmmakers for being official entry for the Cannes," the legislator added.
The speaker of Legislative Assembly did not give any ruling in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown