Goa rape case: Principal sent to 7-day police custody
Panaji: A local court on Monday sent the headmistress of a Goa school, where a seven-year-old girl was raped, to police custody for seven days.
The headmistress was arrested on Sunday for negligence.
Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Vasco remanded Mormugao Port Trust-run school`s headmistress Sharlet Furtado in seven-day police remand.
Police have booked Furtado for negligence on her part which resulted in the rape of the seven-year-old girl in the school toilet.
Crime branch, which is investigating the case, has also booked a case against school authorities for destruction of evidence after the management allegedly gave bath to the girl, washed her clothes and cleaned the toilet after the rape.
The January 14 rape offence sparked outrage with people protesting on the streets demanding justice.
The Goa Police formed a 15-member special investigation team to probe the case.
The sketch of the accused, suspected to be a middle-aged man, has been released by police to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical