Goa rape case: Victim`s father levels another allegation
Panaji: The father of a seven-year-old girl, who was raped in a school toilet at Vasco two months back, has alleged that the man, who has been accused of the crime, might have been involved in similar offences earlier also.
"After my daughter`s rape, many other students have told their parents that the accused was approaching them in the school premises luring them with chocolates," the victim`s father alleged while talking to a news agency.
The students had ignored his advances earlier but after the offence (rape of the girl), they told their parents about it, he further alleged.
The man, accused by the victim`s lawyer of having committed the offence, is yet to be arrested.
Last week, the victim`s lawyer Aires Rodrigues had alleged before a court that a relative of the headmistress was involved in the crime.
The lawyer had alleged in the court that police was trying to hush up the case to protect the accused, who is related to the headmistress and was earlier placed under arrest for negligence.
The lawyer had said that the victim had identified the accused from the photograph, which was shown to her.
The seven-year-old girl was raped in a school toilet at Vasco on January 14, evoking strong resentment among the locals.
The Goa Police have formed a special investigation team to probe the case, which is yet to arrest the accused.
The victim`s father, who had alleged lethargy on the part of police to investigate the case, claimed that the accused was an "insider”.
"After the offence, one of the teachers told my daughter not to reveal about it to anyone," he said, adding that the girl was initially not opening up but has started speaking now after being counselled by experts.
The teachers cleaned the girl and even moped up the toilet destroying all crucial evidence in the case, he alleged.
The distraught father said that both her daughters were now afraid of going to the school.
"They (both the daughters) tell me that they will be fired by headmistress as the teacher had asked not to tell about the incident," he alleged while adding that he was now looking for another school to admit the two girls for the next academic year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next