Goa rape: School principal sent to 7-day police custody
Panaji: A local court on Monday sent the headmistress of a Goa school, where a seven-year-old girl was raped, to police custody for seven days.
The headmistress was arrested yesterday for negligence.
Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Vasco remanded Mormugao Port Trust-run school`s headmistress Sharlet Furtado in seven-day police remand.
Police have booked Furtado for negligence on her part which resulted in the rape of the seven-year-old girl in the school toilet.
Crime branch, which is investigating the case, has also booked a case against school authorities for destruction of evidence after the management allegedly gave bath to the girl, washed her clothes and cleaned the toilet after the rape.
The January 14 rape offence sparked outrage with people protesting on the streets demanding justice.
Goa police formed a 15-member special investigation team to probe the case.
The sketch of the accused, suspected to be a middle-aged man, has been released by police to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says