Goa rape: School principal sent to 7-day police custody
Panaji: A local court on Monday sent the headmistress of a Goa school, where a seven-year-old girl was raped, to police custody for seven days.
The headmistress was arrested yesterday for negligence.
Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Vasco remanded Mormugao Port Trust-run school`s headmistress Sharlet Furtado in seven-day police remand.
Police have booked Furtado for negligence on her part which resulted in the rape of the seven-year-old girl in the school toilet.
Crime branch, which is investigating the case, has also booked a case against school authorities for destruction of evidence after the management allegedly gave bath to the girl, washed her clothes and cleaned the toilet after the rape.
The January 14 rape offence sparked outrage with people protesting on the streets demanding justice.
Goa police formed a 15-member special investigation team to probe the case.
The sketch of the accused, suspected to be a middle-aged man, has been released by police to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Curfew continues only in 3 south Kashmir districts
- Samsung beat Apple in smartphone shipments amid positive results
- Hafiz Saeed leaves Pakistan fuming, claims protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT
- I have aged not Michelle: Obama
- Look what Sidharth Malhotra has to say about PM Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee’s ‘Kala Chashma’