Goa rape: School principal sent to 7-day police custody
Panaji: A local court on Monday sent the headmistress of a Goa school, where a seven-year-old girl was raped, to police custody for seven days.
The headmistress was arrested yesterday for negligence.
Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Vasco remanded Mormugao Port Trust-run school`s headmistress Sharlet Furtado in seven-day police remand.
Police have booked Furtado for negligence on her part which resulted in the rape of the seven-year-old girl in the school toilet.
Crime branch, which is investigating the case, has also booked a case against school authorities for destruction of evidence after the management allegedly gave bath to the girl, washed her clothes and cleaned the toilet after the rape.
The January 14 rape offence sparked outrage with people protesting on the streets demanding justice.
Goa police formed a 15-member special investigation team to probe the case.
The sketch of the accused, suspected to be a middle-aged man, has been released by police to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail