Goa rape victim promoted to next class without exam
Panaji: The Goa government has promoted the Vasco rape victim, and her elder sister, to next class, considering it as a special case, as both the girls could not take the examinations because of the trauma.
The victim`s father told PTI that both his daughters have been promoted to the next standard by the state education department, instructing another school - run by Christian missionaries - to admit them.
The father said he has decided to shift both his daughters to another school in Vasco town.
The seven-year-old girl was raped inside the school toilet in Vasco town of Goa on January 14 this year.
The accused is still at large, while a special investigation team of the police has failed to crack the case.
The parents of victim girl had earlier approached Goa State Commission for Protection of Child Rights, a state-government run body, after both the girls refused to attend the classes being under trauma.
"It was only after we approached the commission that the education department, through its order dated March 4, 2013, has directed the school to promote both the students without appearing for the exam," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!