Goa rape victim`s father threatens to go on strike
Panaji: The father of the seven-year-old girl, who was raped in a Goa school toilet on January 14, has threatened to sit on a hunger strike in front of the school if culprits are not arrested.
The girl`s father has been upset over police`s failure to arrest the school staff, who allegedly tried to destroy evidence and also to nab the main culprit, who is still at large after raping the girl.
"The accused is still at large. We fear that he might attack my family," the victim`s father said.
Goa police had formed a 15 member Special Investigation Team (SIT) which has been working on several leads to nab the accused.
"I will be forced to sit on hunger strike in front of the school, if police continues to avoid arresting the accused," he said.
The school staff has been booked for destroying the evidence as they had cleaned the girl after the rape.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram