Goa rape victim`s father threatens to go on strike
Panaji: The father of the seven-year-old girl, who was raped in a Goa school toilet on January 14, has threatened to sit on a hunger strike in front of the school if culprits are not arrested.
The girl`s father has been upset over police`s failure to arrest the school staff, who allegedly tried to destroy evidence and also to nab the main culprit, who is still at large after raping the girl.
"The accused is still at large. We fear that he might attack my family," the victim`s father said.
Goa police had formed a 15 member Special Investigation Team (SIT) which has been working on several leads to nab the accused.
"I will be forced to sit on hunger strike in front of the school, if police continues to avoid arresting the accused," he said.
The school staff has been booked for destroying the evidence as they had cleaned the girl after the rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases
- Snapdeal Monsoon sale kicks off; get upto 60% discount
- Doping controversy: Inderjeet Singh breaks down during TV interview, alleges conspiracy behind failed test
- Pope Francis faces tepid welcome in migrant-wary Poland
- Amazon launches membership service Prime in India –Know the benefits