Goa rape victim`s father threatens to go on strike
Panaji: The father of the seven-year-old girl, who was raped in a Goa school toilet on January 14, has threatened to sit on a hunger strike in front of the school if culprits are not arrested.
The girl`s father has been upset over police`s failure to arrest the school staff, who allegedly tried to destroy evidence and also to nab the main culprit, who is still at large after raping the girl.
"The accused is still at large. We fear that he might attack my family," the victim`s father said.
Goa police had formed a 15 member Special Investigation Team (SIT) which has been working on several leads to nab the accused.
"I will be forced to sit on hunger strike in front of the school, if police continues to avoid arresting the accused," he said.
The school staff has been booked for destroying the evidence as they had cleaned the girl after the rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars