Goa: Ruling MLAs take all `Ladli Lakshmi` forms
Panaji: Goa government`s much-touted `Ladli Lakshmi Scheme` is benefitting only those who hail from the constituencies of ruling legislators, an RTI query has revealed.
Under the `Ladli Lakshmi Scheme`, the government pays a marriage assistance of Rs one lakh to women in the age group of 18-40 years.
Responding to an RTI query, the Goa State Social Welfare Department, which is implementing the scheme, has revealed that none of the 11 Opposition legislators, including two Independents, has taken forms for the scheme since its inception.
This came in the backdrop of Opposition MLAs alleging on the Floor of House that they were not kept in the loop over distribution of forms.
On the other hand, 29 legislators, including twenty-one BJP members, three independents, as many MLAs of Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) and two Goa Vikas Party (GVP) legislators were given the forms.
The scheme was launched on July 06, 2012 and on the same day all the 4,000 forms from the first lot were distributed to the legislators supporting the government.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar and Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar had taken 500 forms each, the highest number a legislator can get.
Altogether 29 legislators from ruling coalition took the forms while 11 Opposition MLAs could not get them.
The scheme is currently embroiled in a litigation with one of the local girls filing a writ petition at the Goa bench of the Bombay High Court challenging the clause which has made signature of MLA mandatory on the form.
In its response, the state government has said the signature would not be mandatory now for the second lot of forms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India