Goa school girl rape case accused known to headmistress: MLA
Panaji: A ruling BJP legislator in Goa has alleged that the accused in the school girl rape case might be known to the headmistress.
"I guess the accused is known to the headmistress and the guard. It is not possible for an unknown person to enter into the school premises," BJP legislator Vishnu Wagh told reporters here Monday evening.
Wagh`s statement comes in the backdrop of reports that the accused in the rape case has been arrested in Bangalore and was related to the headmistress.
However, Deputy Inspector General of Police OP Mishra, has ruled out any arrests in the case.
The seven-year-old girl was raped in a school toilet on January 14 in Vasco town. Following protests, the headmistress of the Mormugao Port Trust run school, Sharlet Furtado was arrested for negligence.
The parents of the victim had said that the girl was given a bath, her inner clothes were washed and toilet was cleaned after the rape, destroying the evidence.
Wagh alleged that the school authorities were probably trying to hide the incident, giving an opportunity to the accused to run away.
"The toilet is just 20 feet away from headmistress` room.
The accused must have passed that side along with the girl," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how
- Five dead, 20 injured as truck collides with tanker in UP's Lucknow - Know what happened
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here