Goa seeks Rs 100 cr as seed money for constructing new airport
Panaji: The Goa government has sought Rs
100 crore from the 13th Finance commission as seed money for
the construction of a new airport at Mopa in North Goa.
"It is proposed that the airport will be built on a BOOT
basis. However, the state will have to provide for land and
other consequential expenses, which will be a minimum of Rs
200 crore," the memorandum submitted to 13th Finance
Commission by the Goa government read.
"To provide financial assistance, the state urges upon
the commission to recommend a grant of Rs 100 crore as seed
money towards construction of the new airport at Mopa," it
Goa government has identified land at Mopa village for a
Greenfield airport, and the land acquisition process has
The memorandum was tabled on the floor of the House
today, during the ongoing state legislative assembly session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre