Goa seeks Rs 100 cr as seed money for constructing new airport
Panaji: The Goa government has sought Rs
100 crore from the 13th Finance commission as seed money for
the construction of a new airport at Mopa in North Goa.
"It is proposed that the airport will be built on a BOOT
basis. However, the state will have to provide for land and
other consequential expenses, which will be a minimum of Rs
200 crore," the memorandum submitted to 13th Finance
Commission by the Goa government read.
"To provide financial assistance, the state urges upon
the commission to recommend a grant of Rs 100 crore as seed
money towards construction of the new airport at Mopa," it
Goa government has identified land at Mopa village for a
Greenfield airport, and the land acquisition process has
The memorandum was tabled on the floor of the House
today, during the ongoing state legislative assembly session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks