Goa serial killer gets seven years of imprisonment
Panaji: A local court on Friday sentenced alleged serial killer Mahanand Naik to seven years of imprisonment for raping a girl in 2009.
Additional District and Sessions court pronounced the sentence in presence of the accused, who has also been charged for murdering 16 girls and slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 on him.
Mahanand (40), was arrested in 2009 after the victim, his wife`s friend, complained to the Ponda police that he was threatening her. The girl had claimed that he was raping her
for over three years.
The victim, belonging to a poor family, had said she was being "blackmailed" by Mahanand by showing her semi nude pictures.
During interrogation after his arrest, Mahanand had confessed of killing 16 women for over 15 years.
The killer had confessed that he was murdering the girls using their dupatta after luring them for a date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer