Goa serial killings: Arrested duo confess to 2 more murders
Panaji: In further progress of the probe into the serial killings case, the two persons arrested for alleged murder of a 16-year-old girl, have confessed to killing two more women and burning their bodies to destroy evidence, a senior police official said on Saturday.
Chandrakant Talwar (35) and Sayron Rodrigues (20) were
arrested by Goa Crime Branch in Mumbai on Friday for allegedly
killing Evita Rodrigues, whose burnt body was found at Verna
on October 12, and were brought here this morning.
"During interrogation, they have confessed to killing
three women, one at Verna, another at Merces and the third one
at Khorjuvem area to rob them of their gold," a senior Crime
Branch officer said.
The officer said both the accused have confessed to two
more murders which were committed between October 12 and 13.
The duo, held earlier in a robbery case, had fled to Mumbai.
He claimed that the confessions have solved the mystery
over deaths of three out of four women, who were found
murdered in the state. "They burnt all the three women after
killing them to destroy the evidence."
Besides the body of Evita, the police had recovered two
burnt bodies, one of a 60-year-old woman at Merces village
near Panaji and another of a newly-wed woman at Khorjuvem, who
police said belonged to Bicholim village in North Goa.
The senior officer said there can be involvement of one
more person in these crimes. "We will get to the root of the
case after thorough investigation," he said.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Ravindra Yadav on
Friday had not ruled out the hand of both in the serial
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’