Goa set to achieve 100% Aadhar card registration
Panaji: Goa is all set to become the first state to cover all people under the Aadhar card registry, chief minister Manohar Parrikar said here on Saturday.
The state has already achieved 99 per cent coverage for Unique Identification Number or Aadhar card.
"Soon Goa will be the first state in the country to complete the Aadhar Card registry," he said at a function held on the occasion of Statistics Day.
Goa has already made Aadhar card as a proof of identity for availing any government scheme, Parrikkar said.
Parrikar also asked Directorate of planning, statistics and evaluation and other government departments to upload all the necessary information on their websites for the benefit of general public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed