Goa set to achieve 100% Aadhar card registration
Panaji: Goa is all set to become the first state to cover all people under the Aadhar card registry, chief minister Manohar Parrikar said here on Saturday.
The state has already achieved 99 per cent coverage for Unique Identification Number or Aadhar card.
"Soon Goa will be the first state in the country to complete the Aadhar Card registry," he said at a function held on the occasion of Statistics Day.
Goa has already made Aadhar card as a proof of identity for availing any government scheme, Parrikkar said.
Parrikar also asked Directorate of planning, statistics and evaluation and other government departments to upload all the necessary information on their websites for the benefit of general public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui