Goa Speaker accepts PAC report on illegal mining
Panaji: The controversial PAC report of Goa Assembly on illegal mining, which indicted former chief minister Digambar Kamat and some Congress leaders, has been accepted by Speaker Rajendra Arlekar after it had been junked by his predecessor Pratapsingh Rane.
The report which pegged illegal mining in Goa at Rs 4,000 crore was drafted by PAC headed by then Leader of Opposition and current Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar.
Arlekar said today that the report has been accepted by him after perusing it over last few days. "The report would be submitted to the government and it is for the government to decide the course of action," he said.
The document, based on the findings of Comptroller Auditor General (CAG) on Goa`s illegal mining scenario, had run into rough weather little before it was submitted to the then session of Goa Legislative Assembly.
Then Speaker Pratapsingh Rane had doubted authenticity of the report claiming that it was leaked to the media before it was tabled on the floor of the House.
Four PAC members owing their allegiance to Congress and Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) had refused to sign the document.
The report came much before Justice M B Shah Commission, constituted by Union Mines Ministry, began its investigations into illegal mining scam.
The report had pointed out several glaring violations including illegal sanction to delays by then Congress government in converting mining concession into the leases under Mineral Concession Rule 1960.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical