Goa suspect murder: Family of Russian found dead
Panaji: Six months after Russian teenager
Elena Sukhanova was found dead on the tracks near Thivim
railway station in Goa, her family members now suspect that
she was murdered.
"The facts placed by the Indian police clearly indicate
that she was killed," Dimitiry Voronova, Elena`s
brother-in-law, who is presently in Goa to identify her
The mutilated body of the 19-year-old MBA student
was found lying on the tracks near Thivim railway station
on May 7, 2009.
Police had termed it as a case of "accidental death",
claiming that the Russian came under the wheels of the train
in which she was travelling, a possibility that the Konkan
railway authorities had rubbished.
The family members, banking on the photographs
of her body (sent from Goa) and her original pictures had
consulted the forensic laboratory in Moscow, which said that
the "remains does not seem to be that of Elena."
Dimitry said he will write a formal letter to the police
"seeking detailed investigation of the case" to confirm
whether Elena was murdered.
"She (Elena) was supposed to come back to Moscow on
May 3. On May 2, Elena had called up home confirming that she
will be leaving from Goa. We don`t understand why she stayed
back," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi