Goa to cancel 40 mining license
Panaji: The Goa government will cancel licenses of 40 mines for their delay in completing certain formalities that had been condoned by the previous Congress-led governments, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said.
All the licences would be cancelled within two week, he said in the state Assembly.
The mines had delayed filing `J Form` under the Goa, Daman and Diu Mining Concession Act - a formality needed for conversion of old mining concessions granted during the Portuguese rule into formal leases. Goa has 90-odd mining leases.
The deadline for filing the form was November 22, 1988, but some of the forms were filed as late as 2005.
Parrikar said only the Union Government had the power to condone the delay.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists