Goa to cancel 40 mining license
Panaji: The Goa government will cancel licenses of 40 mines for their delay in completing certain formalities that had been condoned by the previous Congress-led governments, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said.
All the licences would be cancelled within two week, he said in the state Assembly.
The mines had delayed filing `J Form` under the Goa, Daman and Diu Mining Concession Act - a formality needed for conversion of old mining concessions granted during the Portuguese rule into formal leases. Goa has 90-odd mining leases.
The deadline for filing the form was November 22, 1988, but some of the forms were filed as late as 2005.
Parrikar said only the Union Government had the power to condone the delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'