Goa to cancel 40 mining license
Panaji: The Goa government will cancel licenses of 40 mines for their delay in completing certain formalities that had been condoned by the previous Congress-led governments, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said.
All the licences would be cancelled within two week, he said in the state Assembly.
The mines had delayed filing `J Form` under the Goa, Daman and Diu Mining Concession Act - a formality needed for conversion of old mining concessions granted during the Portuguese rule into formal leases. Goa has 90-odd mining leases.
The deadline for filing the form was November 22, 1988, but some of the forms were filed as late as 2005.
Parrikar said only the Union Government had the power to condone the delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest