Goa to cancel 40 mining license
Panaji: The Goa government will cancel licenses of 40 mines for their delay in completing certain formalities that had been condoned by the previous Congress-led governments, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said.
All the licences would be cancelled within two week, he said in the state Assembly.
The mines had delayed filing `J Form` under the Goa, Daman and Diu Mining Concession Act - a formality needed for conversion of old mining concessions granted during the Portuguese rule into formal leases. Goa has 90-odd mining leases.
The deadline for filing the form was November 22, 1988, but some of the forms were filed as late as 2005.
Parrikar said only the Union Government had the power to condone the delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections