Goa to compensate victims of heinous crimes
Panaji: Goa government has come up with a special compensation scheme for victims of heinous crimes including rape, acid attack and human trafficking.
"A compensation up to Rs 10 lakh will be given to the victims or dependants who have suffered loss or injury or who require rehabilitation under the `Goa Victim Compensation Scheme, 2012`," Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told reporters after the scheme was passed by the state government yesterday.
The scheme, drafted as per Supreme Court directions, offers compensation to victims of crimes like rape, acid attack, child abuse and human trafficking.
"The compensation would be paid even if the offender is not identified," the chief minister said.
For those killed in such a crime, assistance of up to Rs 2 lakh will be given to their kin while those who have become over 80 per cent handicapped due to an attack, are entitled to Rs 50,000 as aid.
While Rs 25,000 will be given as assistance in case of loss of any limb or part of the body resulting in handicap between 40 per cent to 80 per cent those with below 40 per cent are entitled to Rs 10,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read